Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: Burrell is in second in final vote

  1. #1

    Default Burrell is in second in final vote

    MLB's station on XM just said Burrell is catching up to Corey Hart for first place and only a bit later mentioned that Wright is up there as well in third place. I'd say get the word out and get Burrell into the all-star game this way (a bit more glorious than if he just is Soriano's replacement).
    Bonus fake Keith Jackson appearance: "Whoa, Nellie, we have ourselves a barn-burner here today! Welcome to the 117th dust-up between the Snortin' Swine of Springfield A&M and the Springfield University Nittany Tide. Ho, ho, doctor, break out the hickory switch! Well, hang on to your hoop skirts, folks, because Anton Lubchenko is going to be kicking higher than a mule on payday. Oh, land o'lakes! Take that, ozone layer! (later in the game) Oh, doctor, with SU behind and seconds left, my supply of homespun sayings is lower than a doodlebug in Aunt Tilly's root cellar. So we'll -- Oh, jumpin' crawdaddies! Is that Lubchenko coming back on the field?"
    SU Nittany Tide's own Anton Lubchenko!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    I think Selig put his two millions votes in for Corey Hart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    8,594

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by thejerseydevil View Post
    I think Selig put his two millions votes in for Corey Hart.
    I always wanted to hear "Sunglasses" at the All-Star game.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by SU Nittany Tide View Post
    MLB's station on XM just said Burrell is catching up to Corey Hart for first place and only a bit later mentioned that Wright is up there as well in third place. I'd say get the word out and get Burrell into the all-star game this way (a bit more glorious than if he just is Soriano's replacement).
    I did my duty for about twenty minutes last night while watching the game. Tedious.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by phan52 View Post
    I did my duty for about twenty minutes last night while watching the game. Tedious.
    Sounds like Burrell has dropped to third. They are staging it as Hart vs Wright now. Hopefully Hart wins so Burrell will be Soriano's replacement. It is pretty ridiculous that the guy leading all NL outfielders in slugging and OPS and is second in HR and OBP needs to go to this length to make the team.
    Bonus fake Keith Jackson appearance: "Whoa, Nellie, we have ourselves a barn-burner here today! Welcome to the 117th dust-up between the Snortin' Swine of Springfield A&M and the Springfield University Nittany Tide. Ho, ho, doctor, break out the hickory switch! Well, hang on to your hoop skirts, folks, because Anton Lubchenko is going to be kicking higher than a mule on payday. Oh, land o'lakes! Take that, ozone layer! (later in the game) Oh, doctor, with SU behind and seconds left, my supply of homespun sayings is lower than a doodlebug in Aunt Tilly's root cellar. So we'll -- Oh, jumpin' crawdaddies! Is that Lubchenko coming back on the field?"
    SU Nittany Tide's own Anton Lubchenko!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    41,110

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by SU Nittany Tide View Post
    Sounds like Burrell has dropped to third. They are staging it as Hart vs Wright now. Hopefully Hart wins so Burrell will be Soriano's replacement. It is pretty ridiculous that the guy leading all NL outfielders in slugging and OPS and is second in HR and OBP needs to go to this length to make the team.
    The whole thing is rigged anyway. All-star voting is a joke, and absolute joke.





  7. #7

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Look Its Chase Utley! View Post
    The whole thing is rigged anyway. All-star voting is a joke, and absolute joke.
    I don't know about rigged, but flawed I would buy.

    Regardless, I plan on voting for a good portion of lunch hour while I watch the game.
    Bonus fake Keith Jackson appearance: "Whoa, Nellie, we have ourselves a barn-burner here today! Welcome to the 117th dust-up between the Snortin' Swine of Springfield A&M and the Springfield University Nittany Tide. Ho, ho, doctor, break out the hickory switch! Well, hang on to your hoop skirts, folks, because Anton Lubchenko is going to be kicking higher than a mule on payday. Oh, land o'lakes! Take that, ozone layer! (later in the game) Oh, doctor, with SU behind and seconds left, my supply of homespun sayings is lower than a doodlebug in Aunt Tilly's root cellar. So we'll -- Oh, jumpin' crawdaddies! Is that Lubchenko coming back on the field?"
    SU Nittany Tide's own Anton Lubchenko!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary
    Posts
    52,045

    Phillies Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by SU Nittany Tide View Post
    Sounds like Burrell has dropped to third. They are staging it as Hart vs Wright now. Hopefully Hart wins so Burrell will be Soriano's replacement. It is pretty ridiculous that the guy leading all NL outfielders in slugging and OPS and is second in HR and OBP needs to go to this length to make the team.
    I am really surprized at the amount of play Hart is getting. I figured w/ all the slackers in NYC and its environs alone, that Wright would be a shoe-in. Where are all Hart's votes coming from? Is it a coincidence that he is a Brewer? Does this post belong on the other board's Conspiracy thread?
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

    Joe Walsh "Analog Man"




    For my Brother; May he RIP

    Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

  9. #9

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by brett5355 View Post
    I am really surprized at the amount of play Hart is getting. I figured w/ all the slackers in NYC and its environs alone, that Wright would be a shoe-in. Where are all Hart's votes coming from? Is it a coincidence that he is a Brewer? Does this post belong on the other board's Conspiracy thread?
    Exactly, I'm starting to buy into the "rigged" idea.

    Approx one year ago today, nobody knew who Corey Hart was.
    And he's definitely not getting the "chick vote" like Burrell and possibly Wright are getting.

    Where the hell are all these votes coming from?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by thejerseydevil View Post
    Exactly, I'm starting to buy into the "rigged" idea.

    Approx one year ago today, nobody knew who Corey Hart was.
    And he's definitely not getting the "chick vote" like Burrell and possibly Wright are getting.

    Where the hell are all these votes coming from?
    He's been on my fantasy team from day one.

    I think that the reason he is getting so many votes is because the Brewers are flying a banner on their homepage that says "I Hart New York" with Hart in a heart, have it printed behing homeplate in the grass, and are pushing him in as much as they can.

    http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=mil

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary
    Posts
    52,045

    Phillies Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    He's been on my fantasy team from day one.

    I think that the reason he is getting so many votes is because the Brewers are flying a banner on their homepage that says "I Hart New York" with Hart in a heart, have it printed behing homeplate in the grass, and are pushing him in as much as they can.

    http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=mil
    Do they have 3 people sitting at Miller park 24/7 for 3 days doing nothing but Voting For Hart?
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

    Joe Walsh "Analog Man"




    For my Brother; May he RIP

    Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

  12. #12

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by brett5355 View Post
    Do they have 3 people sitting at Miller park 24/7 for 3 days doing nothing but Voting For Hart?
    Yeah, I think the Phils are doing just as much, if not more, for Burrell.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    64,690

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by brett5355 View Post
    Do they have 3 people sitting at Miller park 24/7 for 3 days doing nothing but Voting For Hart?
    what do you think they have mcelser doing right now in his cube?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    41,110

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by ill View Post
    what do you think they have mcelser doing right now in his cube?
    Hopefully a ballgirl or two





  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,689

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by brett5355 View Post
    Do they have 3 people sitting at Miller park 24/7 for 3 days doing nothing but Voting For Hart?
    Or better yet, 4 people like the Phillies do.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary
    Posts
    52,045

    Phillies Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Look Its Chase Utley! View Post
    Hopefully a ballgirl or two
    As long as they are voting too, I am all for that.
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

    Joe Walsh "Analog Man"




    For my Brother; May he RIP

    Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

  17. #17

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Is it possible that Brewer fans are actually excited that their team is doing something?

    My opinion is Burrell should be the guy, but I think Brewer fans are just happy to have one of their guys mentioned. They did the same for Jenkins a couple of years ago.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary
    Posts
    52,045

    Phillies Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayneb14 View Post
    Or better yet, 4 people like the Phillies do.
    ooops, it's 4 people? Sorry 'bout that. Should have checked my facts 1st. Savoy should be killin' me right now.
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

    Joe Walsh "Analog Man"




    For my Brother; May he RIP

    Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

  19. #19

    Default Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    They did the same for Jenkins a couple of years ago.
    Ahh, just feeding the conspiracy theory now!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the Shadow of Eastern St. Penitentiary
    Posts
    52,045

    Phillies Re: Burrell is in second in final vote

    Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    Is it possible that Brewer fans are actually excited that their team is doing something?

    My opinion is Burrell should be the guy, but I think Brewer fans are just happy to have one of their guys mentioned. They did the same for Jenkins a couple of years ago.
    I would not use that J-word on this board right now. I do not think the Phillie Phaithful is real happy w/ his (non) production to date.
    The whole world's glued to the cable TV
    It looks so real on the big LCD
    murder and violence are rated PG, too bad for the children
    they are what they see

    Joe Walsh "Analog Man"




    For my Brother; May he RIP

    Phillie game and series recaps, Temple Football recaps and previews, and Union stuff, as well as misc. tweeting for http://www.pattisonave.com/ @Pattisonavenue

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •