Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Off-Topic Thread

Default Re: The Off-Topic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nicole View Post
    haha!! well i would root for them, but i need to know why i should!! you see, thats what im trying to decide on is a team to love in football and baseball, but i need a reason or two that is close to my heart so i can be passionate about them.
    So I need to sell the Cardinals to you?

They are the greatest franchise in the history of baseball. They have 10 World Championships, won 17 Pennants, have the best fans in baseball, the most knowledgable fans in baseball, one of the greatest managers of all time, the best player in the game in Albert Pujols, are always in the hunt in October, have the most attractive fans, and this IS Baseball Heaven...we even put it on our tickets.

K?
    "People ask me what I do in winter when thereís no baseball. Iíll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

well....ok.....those are some very very cool reasons!!! ***blonde thinking*** (lol..oh no...)

but arent the New York Yankees like the Montreal Canadiens of hockey?? like they've got a whole bunch of pennants and world series championships and stuff too? im just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by nicole
    but arent the New York Yankees like the Montreal Canadiens of hockey?? like they've got a whole bunch of pennants and world series championships and astuff too? im just asking.

You don't want to jump on a bandwagon such as the Yankees. It's just not right. They have enough fake fans. St. Louis does not have fake fans.

but arent the New York Yankees like the Montreal Canadiens of hockey?? like they've got a whole bunch of pennants and world series championships and stuff too? im just asking.
    I would compare the Yanks to the Canadiens in that they've won the most championships in baseball history.

But they play in New York, so they are impossible to root for. They have, uh, mean people there...and uh, are ugly. Yeah.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when thereís no baseball. Iíll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

lmao!@!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    You don't want to jump on a bandwagon such as the Yankees. It's just not right. They have enough fake fans. St. Louis does not have fake fans.
    This is a good post, listen to this post.

And mine, of course.

kk...im pondering it all....

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72
    This is a good post, listen to this post.

And mine, of course.

I recall somebody saying that I wasn't wise, but I can't quite recall who said it.

hhhhmmmm??? Who was it???

Maybe she shouldn't listen. Maybe she should be a Yankee fan, or a Boston fan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Game View Post
    I recall somebody saying that I wasn't wise, but I can't quite recall who said it.

hhhhmmmm??? Who was it???

Maybe she shouldn't listen. Maybe she should be a Yankee fan, or a Boston fan.
    Those comments were taken out of context my friend

No, no she shouldnt. Because then she would go to hell when she dies and I'm sure she doesnt want that.

omg!! lolol!!!!!

How long will it take for you to decide? I have a lot of patience.

wow!! i don't really know!! how long should it take for me to decide?? as i said , i want to be passionate about the teams. passion for a team makes everything hurt more when they lose and everything taste better when they win. i want the teams to make me cry and laugh. i dont want to be a fairweather fan....you know...like i just kind of chat about them but they dont mean much 2 me. you know????

wow!! i don't really know!! how long should it take for me to decide?? as i said , i want to be passionate about the teams. passion for a team makes everything hurt more when they lose and everything taste better when they win. i want the teams to make me cry and laugh. i dont want to be a fairweather fan....you know...like i just kind of chat about them but they dont mean much 2 me. you know????
    I completely understand...take your time. First step is to like the Cardinals, second step, watch professional wrestling.

hey...if you were to pick a sandwich for lunch right now, what sandwich would you choose and where would you get it from?? i love grilled cheese, even though i can't eat them all the time, but oh yeah, they are good...mozzerella and cheddar blend done up golden brown...mmmmm...

hey...if you were to pick a sandwich for lunch right now, what sandwich would you choose and where would you get it from?? i love grilled cheese, even though i can't eat them all the time, but oh yeah, they are good...mozzerella and cheddar blend done up golden brown...mmmmm...
    Sounds good...I would just go to Subway and get their Spicey Italian...I get that at least once a week.

nice!! i haven't had a sub from them in a long time! i have to return and get one made up.

I love reuben sandwiches too...with some fries...oh now im just hungry.

nice!! i haven't had a sub from them in a long time! i have to return and get one made up.

I love reuben sandwiches too...with some fries...oh now im just hungry.
    5 dollar footlongs = happiness

Speaking of food...its almost lunch time, word.

haha!! rock on!! im starving here.

kk...im pondering it all....
    You should cheer for the Cardinals because....

The only Canadian baseball team left is the Jays.

Two former Cardinals play for the Jays.

The Jays' former third baseman now plays for the Cardinals.

The Jays aren't that good, so you should pick another team to cheer for.

Larry Walker, Stubby Clapp, Reggie Cleveland and Cody McKay are Canadians who played for the Cardinals.

The Cardinals' first base coach, Dave McKay is Canadian.

Ergo, it is logical that you would cheer for the Cardinals.
    "How good was Stan Musial? He was good enough to take your breath away." -Vin Scully.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast