Thread: Other Team Signings

Default Other Team Signings

My first question would be why does Paul Wilson deserve a contract like that, is that what you get for bad pitching these days?

Reds | Wilson Re-Signs - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:19:37 -0800
    The Associated Press reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/48/mlb">Cincinnati Reds re-signed SP Paul Wilson to a two-year, $8.2 million contract. Wilson's contract includes base salaries of $3.6 million for 2005 and $3.75 million for 2006. There's a team option for 2007, when he could make up to about $5.15 million depending upon escalators with an $850,000 buyout.

Giants | Benitez Agrees - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:23:53 -0800

The Sports Network reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/65/mlb">San Francisco Giants have come to an agreement with CL Armando Benitez (Marlins) on a three-year, $21 million contract. The contract is tentatively based on Benitez passing a physical.

Default Re: Other Team Signings

Quote Originally Posted by PhilaVa
    My first question would be why does Paul Wilson deserve a contract like that, is that what you get for bad pitching these days?

Reds | Wilson Re-Signs - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:19:37 -0800
    The Associated Press reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/48/mlb">Cincinnati Reds re-signed SP Paul Wilson to a two-year, $8.2 million contract. Wilson's contract includes base salaries of $3.6 million for 2005 and $3.75 million for 2006. There's a team option for 2007, when he could make up to about $5.15 million depending upon escalators with an $850,000 buyout.

Giants | Benitez Agrees - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:23:53 -0800

The Sports Network reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/65/mlb">San Francisco Giants have come to an agreement with CL Armando Benitez (Marlins) on a three-year, $21 million contract. The contract is tentatively based on Benitez passing a physical.

Amen to that, It'll be nice to not see him for the fish this year, guess they are kind of screwed in the CL department now...

The Future All Star
    Chase Utley
    (Bench Polanco)

Quote Originally Posted by JWUGoalie26

Amen to that, It'll be nice to not see him for the fish this year, guess they are kind of screwed in the CL department now...
    Don't they still have Billy Koch.
    I'm back baby.

Quote Originally Posted by TdAkers
    Don't they still have Billy Koch.
    They got Mota in the Lo Duca trade. He can close.

The Paul Wilson signing actually makes the Cory Lidle signing seem intelligent.
    I'm getting worried that management has turned the corner . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kwahraps

Don't worry, I'm sure they will reasure you faith, or ill faith in them soon enough. Lidle was a great move for a fifth starter, and I was going to go nuts if we had signed Milton, thank the lord we got luckey and Milton wanted more money.

Don't worry, I'm sure they will reasure you faith, or ill faith in them soon enough. Lidle was a great move for a fifth starter, and I was going to go nuts if we had signed Milton, thank the lord we got luckey and Milton wanted more money.
    Amen to that as well.... I laughed at the Phils site with the question who is the Phils biggest need to get back.... and like 50% said Milton... they obviously don't know his #'s very well.... he would blow up eventually here and post a 7 ERA

The Future All Star
    Chase Utley
    (Bench Polanco)

I'm thinking that maybe Lidle is #4 and Myers is the #5 next year.

And I hope Milton gets as much money as he wants, so we can fight for all the scraps that are left.

I'm thinking that maybe Lidle is #4 and Myers is the #5 next year.

And I hope Milton gets as much money as he wants, so we can fight for all the scraps that are left.
    We can debate that till our heads turns blue, I like to think as Lidle as a fifth start because he will eat innings no matter if it's good or bad we know he'll eat innings for us. Myers 'should' be the fourth, but that's dependent upon him removing his head from his ass.

Man I really wish the Phillies would test Myers out in the bull pen. I'm talking about a guy who could come in to the game if the regular starter gets shelled and needs to work 3-4 innings. "If" *crosses fingers* the Philles sign Carl Pavano I say give the number 5 spot to Gavin Floyd and have Myers come out of the pen. He already stated that he would be open to doing that.

Pavano
    Wolf
    Padillia
    Lidle
    Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowless
    Man I really wish the Phillies would test Myers out in the bull pen. I'm talking about a guy who could come in to the game if the regular starter gets shelled and needs to work 3-4 innings. "If" *crosses fingers* the Philles sign Carl Pavano I say give the number 5 spot to Gavin Floyd and have Myers come out of the pen. He already stated that he would be open to doing that.

Pavano
    Wolf
    Padillia
    Lidle
    Floyd
    You know, I would love to see that also, but the fact is if we sign Pavano, then Floyd will start the year in AAA. The only way he doesn't is if we do not get anyone, Wells or Pavano.

Endor - Where i Feel superior because everyone is shorter than me

Just a note: Paul Wilson is a good Pitcher, he was the best the reds had last year including Lidle. He's easily a 3 starter and could even be a 2 in the right rotation. He's worth more than Kris Benson in my opinion, so taking what benson got he was a bargain.

Also From the reports i have heard on Floyd the phillies were impressed with his stuff in general and his maturity for his age but feel he needs to work on his fastball, not it's usefulness but his confidence in it. They also think he needs to work on his third pitch, there were points when he was up last year he was basically a one pitch pitcher. That he put up the numbers he did basically using two pitches and at some points one speaks volumes about his talent. A golden arm he has but it could probably use one more season of refinement at AAA. he'll probably be ok in the majors if he has to be but why rush him
    ~Noot

Your Voice is Stupid

Marlins | Mota First in Line to Close - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:50:34 -0800

Joe Frisaro, of Marlins.MLB.com, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/52/mlb">Florida Marlins RP Guillermo Mota is currently the frontrunner to close games for the Marlins, although the team could still target a closer through free agency or by trade. Previous Marlins CL Armando Benitez signed with the San Francisco Giants Tuesday, Nov. 30, officially creating an opening at the closer position.

Quote Originally Posted by Invader Newt
    Just a note: Paul Wilson is a good Pitcher, he was the best the reds had last year including Lidle. He's easily a 3 starter and could even be a 2 in the right rotation. He's worth more than Kris Benson in my opinion, so taking what benson got he was a bargain.

Also From the reports i have heard on Floyd the phillies were impressed with his stuff in general and his maturity for his age but feel he needs to work on his fastball, not it's usefulness but his confidence in it. They also think he needs to work on his third pitch, there were points when he was up last year he was basically a one pitch pitcher. That he put up the numbers he did basically using two pitches and at some points one speaks volumes about his talent. A golden arm he has but it could probably use one more season of refinement at AAA. he'll probably be ok in the majors if he has to be but why rush him
    Bear in mind that Paul Wilson is considered the Cincinatti #1 pitcher. He was paid accordingly, because they don't have many options, and needed to keep him. We all know how important pitching is, and you can never have enough.

That being said, Floyd will start the season in AAA, and will hopefully be the first one up should one of the starters go down. Look for Wells/Leiter to sign with us for about $3-4 million for 1 or 2 years. These guys probably won't get signed until all the bigger market pitchers get signed, ie Pedro, Lowe, Pavano, etc. Hopefully, teams will get what they want, and that will reduce the # of bidders for Wells/Leiter, allowing us to get one of them cheap.

Bear in mind that Paul Wilson is considered the Cincinatti #1 pitcher. He was paid accordingly, because they don't have many options, and needed to keep him. We all know how important pitching is, and you can never have enough.

That being said, Floyd will start the season in AAA, and will hopefully be the first one up should one of the starters go down. Look for Wells/Leiter to sign with us for about $3-4 million for 1 or 2 years. These guys probably won't get signed until all the bigger market pitchers get signed, ie Pedro, Lowe, Pavano, etc. Hopefully, teams will get what they want, and that will reduce the # of bidders for Wells/Leiter, allowing us to get one of them cheap.
    Wells and Leiter will both be commanding atleast 5 million a year. So I don't know where you got the 3-4 million per year idea from. Wells will proberly get 5mpy and Leiter 6-7mpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowless
    Wells and Leiter will both be commanding atleast 5 million a year. So I don't know where you got the 3-4 million per year idea from. Wells will proberly get 5mpy and Leiter 6-7mpy.
    FYI, Wells signed a 2004 contract with the Padres for a base salary of $1.25 million. The incentives that he hit triggererd another $4.75 million. So, yes, I expect Wells to come fairly cheaply, and if he hits his incentives, then he deserves more money.

Wolf
    Wells
    Padilla
    Lidle
    Myers

There's your staff next year, although, I wouldn't be surprised to see them move Padilla. Just a feeling.

Pray for the 2014 Phillies

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Look Its Chase Utley!
    Wolf
    Wells
    Padilla
    Lidle
    Myers

There's your staff next year, although, I wouldn't be surprised to see them move Padilla. Just a feeling.
    I would think Wells gets the #1 spot, followed by Padila and Wolf to break up the lefties. Lidle should be the #4 guy until Myers gets his stuff together. Floyd is 1st up in case of injury.

I would think Wells gets the #1 spot, followed by Padila and Wolf to break up the lefties. Lidle should be the #4 guy until Myers gets his stuff together. Floyd is 1st up in case of injury.
    I don't like it but it seems like reality. What does make me feel better is knowing that Floyd could be up soon if someone gets injuried or Myers continues to show he likes having an over 5 ERA.

I don't like it but it seems like reality. What does make me feel better is knowing that Floyd could be up soon if someone gets injuried or Myers continues to show he likes having an over 5 ERA.
    I think it's a lot to ask of a young kid. We basically did the same thing with Myers, asking him to hold down the fort as a #3 pitcher last year. We have to remember how young these kids are, and that their potential is still high. Cory Lidle had 2 very good years with the A's and Rick Peterson as his pitching coach. Maybe things will change now the Video Joe is gone.