Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: For St. Louis Wrestling Fans

Raised in Conant Gardens AKA "Slum Village".

Exclamation Re: For St. Louis Wrestling Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Musial View Post
    St. Louis Grapplin' For Chance to Host WWE's WrestleMania

As Variety reported yesterday, now a cadre of 14 cities are elbowing, leg-dropping and pile-driving each other for the chance to host future WrestleManias. One of those cities? St. Louis, which has never hosted the event.

But we'll have to wait. The match is already booked for next year -- in Atlanta.
    Vince needs to stop bullshitting and give St. Louis a WrestleMania. Seriously.
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Default Re: For St. Louis Wrestling Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Doctor Spot View Post
    Vince needs to stop bullshitting and give St. Louis a WrestleMania. Seriously.
    Yeah, I realize this post is three years old but it still holds true that the only two places that could host WM would be Busch Stadium and the Edward Jones Dome. Busch would be problematic because it's an outdoor stadium so weather would be a concern. Also, WM always happens at the beginning of April right around the same time the baseball season starts so that could be a scheduling nightmare. That leaves the Edward Jones Dome. There's a reason the Rams dislike it: it's not good. I mean, it's okay. But, it's not anything than a generic, non-distinct dome. When WM was in New Orleans WWE played up the Mardi Gras aspect and the French-inspired culture of New Orleans rather than the 40+ year old dome. St. Louis, for as much as I love it, doesn't have anything that makes it stick out like New Orleans. We have a lot of Italian immigrants. So...what do you do with that? Are we going to have a divas toasted ravioli match? For St. Louis to get a WM, the Rams need to get the open-air stadium they want.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Yep I agree Zero. There's no way Wrestlemania comes here unless there's a new Rams football stadium available
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

“Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Thumbs up Re: For St. Louis Wrestling Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Wow, Steve Garagiola works here in Detroit for WDIV Channel 4.

Small world.
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Doctor Spot View Post
    Wow, Steve Garagiola works here in Detroit for WDIV Channel 4.

Small world.
    Joe Garagiola and Yogi Berra grew up across the street from each other here in St. Louis in an area known as "The Hill." The Hill is an historically Italian neighborhood.

Ric Flair vs. King Kong Brody at The CheckerDome (aka The Arena) from 1983!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Macho.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	9410

Lightbulb Re: For St. Louis Wrestling Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Also, WM always happens at the beginning of April right around the same time the baseball season starts so that could be a scheduling nightmare. That leaves the Edward Jones Dome. There's a reason the Rams dislike it: it's not good. I mean, it's okay. But, it's not anything than a generic, non-distinct dome. For St. Louis to get a WM, the Rams need to get the open-air stadium they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    Yep I agree Zero. There's no way Wrestlemania comes here unless there's a new Rams football stadium available
    Yeah, I agree Helton, the appeal of a new 'state-of-the-art' dome has "Win" written all over it for everyone involved.

And I agree as well with Zero, the appeal of a brand new dome in St. Louis has win written all over it for everyone involved, I think. When Ford Field was built here in downtown Detroit, I think WrestleMania was one of the first huge events booked in there, along with the Super Bowl and the NCAA Final Four.

So is there any progress going on with the new dome in St. Louis?

If the new stadium is built it will be open-air not a dome. WM could be held at Edward Jones Done, though, if it got a facelift.

Randy Orton talks Cardinals baseball and tonight's PPV: http://www.stlbaseballweekly.com/ort...rn-with-visit/

IIRC, the night before this event, Pillman died.

Vince was like "we found Pilman dead...so....here's something we hope you enjoy..."

Glory Pro Wrestling, based in the Metro East portion of the StL area (and run by Michael Elgin, I think), is having a card this coming Sunday featuring Elgin vs. Cody Rhodes. That'd be cool to see. It's not close to me, though, so I'm not sure about going.

Interesting...what is the venue called?
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72 View Post
    Interesting...what is the venue called?
    Fairgrounds Exposition Building
    200 S Belt E, Belleville, Illinois 62220

3 PM bell time

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567