Thread: Extra credit

Default Extra credit

SI did one of there silly-ass picture stories rating the best pick in the history of the NFL draft by slot.

the only Packer: George Teague

The draft didn't expand to 29 picks per round until 1993, and it hasn't been a spot where many Pro Bowlers were selected. Teague had a decent nine-year career and gets extra credit for knocking Terrell Owens off the Dallas star in 2000.

but really ... Teague was the best 29th pick in 13 years ?!?

Default Re: Extra credit

I guess I'd have to know who else was picked 29th. It could be one of those anomaly things. As I recall, Teague looked likme he was going to be very good until he got sick for a couple years.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Default Re: Extra credit

Quote Originally Posted by Don Hutson
    I guess I'd have to know who else was picked 29th. It could be one of those anomaly things. As I recall, Teague looked likme he was going to be very good until he got sick for a couple years.

lookin on wikipedia, there were some decent #29's the past few years...mangold, marlin jackson, nick barnett.

underwood in '99