Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA News & Notes.....

Default Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Sonjay Dutt has entered the Chikara Rey de Voladores next weekend. Of all the TNA wrestlers, he has to be the one I least want to see wrestle. Pretty pissed about that.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

Raised in Conant Gardens AKA "Slum Village".

Thumbs up Re: TNA News & Notes.....

I just taken off the spoilers for post #77 in this thread.

Concerning the New match TNA has for this Sunday's PPV.
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Post Re: TNA News & Notes.....

I was just going through some of my old emails and came across this, from The Observer;

Spoiler: (Highlight the black box to read the text)

Officials are indeed trying to get the Ultimate Warrior to come to TNA. If he comes in, he would likely tag team with Sting. Should Warrior end up coming to TNA, it won't be happening at Slammiversary because no deal is done. In a trivia note, WCW's original plan for Warrior was to have him debut at the record setting July 7, 1998 Monday Nitro show at the Georgia Dome, which ended up featuring the memorable Goldberg title win over Hollywood Hogan. WCW's plan was to have Sting & Warrior team up to take on Hogan & The Giant. However, WCW couldn't seal the deal with Warrior in time and the match was called off. Warrior and Sting did team up at one point though. The two wrestled Hulk Hogan & Bret Hart on October 11, 1998 on Monday Nitro.

The Miami Herald has an article on TNA referee Earl Hebner, which you can read at this link.

Hebner said he has no desire to return to World Wrestling Entertainment, but is okay with his son Brian returning. "I would never go back to WWE, but if that's what he wants. The reason I wouldn't go back to WWE is because I wouldn't be happy there. Even though it is more money than TNA pays me, TNA makes me happier. It's not a money factor for me now. It's being happy doing what you're doing and enjoying it."
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

source: prowrestling.net, other outlets;

CMLL announced that they would be sending Volador Jr., Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Guerrero and Averno to TNA for the X-Division World X-Cup tournament that will be taped June 9th and 10th. For those of you who have given up on TNA, boy is this ever a reason to start watching again.

Team Japan will allegedly be Milano Collection AT and Taichi Ishikari of New Japan, and Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino of Dragon Gate.

Angelina Love smashed her head into the mat during the match with Roxxi at the Impact tapings and may have suffered a concussion. We didn't get a confirmation at press time.

from pro wrestling.net;

-- Former TNA wrestler A-1 has come out of retirement. He wrestled at Emile Dupre's Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling show in Berwick, Nova Scotia on Saturday. The wrestler formerly known as A-1 now goes under the name "Nature Boy" Buddy Austin. He lost to "The French Phenom" Rene Dupree in the main event.

source: prowrestling.net, observer;

They signed a TV deal with Antena 3 in Spain and Sport TV in Portugal. Spain is currently a pro wrestling hotbed with Nu Wrestling Evolution and WWE doing sellouts. TNA ran successful events in both Spain and Portugal in recent months. Impact will air on Saturdays and Sundays starting on 6/21 on the second highest rated station in the country. Impact will air at 10 p.m. on Friday nights in Portugal and the deal started this past weekend. Both stations will also air the PPV shows on regular TV on tape delay, although in Portugal the PPV shows will air the Wednesday night after they happen.

Matt Morganís debut as ďThe Beast,Ē the biggest pushed star on this seasonís ďAmerican Gladiators,Ē was scheduled for 6/16. With the show being cut back from 90 minutes to 60 due to declining ratings, that could be changed. If Morgan doesnít help turn things around, there may not be another season.

source prowrestling.net;

-- Abyss has been off television as of late for two reasons, reports prowrestling.NET. He was tapped to feud with Scott Steiner upon his return, but Steiner suffered a knee injury at the Sacrifice, aggravated it at a house show last month, and then needed surgery. Also, TNA doesn't want to overuse him anymore as they think they exposed him too much before his time off earlier in the year. During his time off, Abyss worked backstage, learning different aspects of the wrestling business, but he has since stopped.

-- According to the wife of IWA-MS promoter Ian Rotten, Mickie "Moose" Knuckles was livid when she found out that someone had posted a video clip of her breaking her leg at an indy show this past Sunday on YouTube. The video garnered over 70,000 views in less than two days before it was pulled sometime late Tuesday/early Wednesday. When you search "Mickie Knuckles" on YouTube, it says also try "mickie knuckles breaks leg," which then leads to similar variations of the phrase. After being pulled, the video was copied and posted again a few times, but they've since been deleted too. Also, Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter have both been in touch with Ian Rotten regarding Knuckles' condition. Terry Taylor also spoke with Rotten and said that Knuckles has a spot waiting for her in TNA as soon as she is ready.
    Spoiler: (Highlight the black box to read the text)
    Here is what Rotten's wife posted on the IWA-MS message board:

We definitely want the clip pulled but not much we can do about it right now since we are at the hospital. Mickie was livid when she found out that someone would post that clip and that someone would even be making videos at the show.

In an update that should make our fans a little happier and we know it will make Mickie breath a lot easier when she gets out of surgery...

Ian has spoken with Terry Taylor and TNA has told him that Mickie's spot will be waiting for her in three months, six months however long it takes to come back from this. Terry Taylor has told Ian that Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter both have called him today asking if he has any news on how Mickie was doing. So that is definitely great news.

Mickie has been back in surgery for a little over an hour now as I type this. We haven't gotten any updates but we will get on here and post something as soon as we do.

We would like to thank everyone for their kind words as it has eased Ian and myself's minds as we sit in the waiting room here at the hospital. We know that it is those positive thoughts that will help Mickie pull through this and come back stronger than ever.

Again, I will post an update when we get it as they said it would take 1 - 2 hours for the surgery and she should be getting towards the end depending on how long prep time ran after they took her from us and into the surgery room.

source: prowrestling.net;

TNA did its highest average audience in nine weeks for last Thursday's show, a 1.0 rating with 1.4 million viewers. Show did an 0.62 in males 18-49, an 0.43 in persons 18-49, and an 0.57 in males 18-34. Quarters were 0.92, 0.84, 0.90, 0.93, 1.04, 1.02, 0.99 and 0.96.

TNA this past Thursday (go home show) did a 1.02 rating with an 0.65 in males 18-49, an 0.52 in persons 18-49, an 0.56 in males 18-34, and 1.4 million viewers. Quarters were 1.02, 0.96, 1.01, 0.98, 1.08, 0.94, 1.07 and 1.07. Good final number
    Last edited by Funk Doctor Spot; 07-16-2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: forgot something

Surprised to see this quote from Hector Guerrero, to the Miami Herald:

"Vickie Guerrero is not Vickie Guerrero anymore. She is Vickie Lara. Till death do us part. She was in love with Eddy and he with her. She went into seclusion, and I can respect that. We know why she kept the family name, but she's not reached out to us. She is loved by us, and we wish her the best. We just wish should we love us back and return the gesture of communication".

Impact did a 1.05 rating this week with an 0.74 in males 18-49, an 0.61 in persons 18-49, an 0.66 in males 18-34, and 1.5 million viewers. Quarters were 1.14, 0.94 (huge drop), 0.96, 1.07, 1.25 (women, as always), 1.08, 1.03 and 0.96.

Default Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Waltbabyluv23 View Post
    Surprised to see this quote from Hector Guerrero, to the Miami Herald:

"Vickie Guerrero is not Vickie Guerrero anymore. She is Vickie Lara. Till death do us part. She was in love with Eddy and he with her. She went into seclusion, and I can respect that. We know why she kept the family name, but she's not reached out to us. She is loved by us, and we wish her the best. We just wish should we love us back and return the gesture of communication".

Impact did a 1.05 rating this week with an 0.74 in males 18-49, an 0.61 in persons 18-49, an 0.66 in males 18-34, and 1.5 million viewers. Quarters were 1.14, 0.94 (huge drop), 0.96, 1.07, 1.25 (women, as always), 1.08, 1.03 and 0.96.
    I'm sure Vickie never speaks with Chavo, either.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

Quote Originally Posted by Obligatory Phailure
    I'm sure Vickie never speaks with Chavo, either.
    Right.

source: figure four/wrestling observer

TNA did a 1.1 this week with an 0.83 in males 18-49, an 0.58 in persons 18-49, an 0.71 in males 18-34, and 1.5 million viewers. Quarters were strong: 1.11, 1.04, 1.05, 1.06, 1.14, 1.19, 1.11 and 1.17. That's the strongest finish to a show in a long time.

rumor time:

Heard a possible rumor that Shannon Moore might be in TNA, probably after 30 days.

I know its not a big name, just posting, that's all.

4w-wrestling, other outlets report;

Kurt and Karen are getting a divorce. That's about all we confirm and it's common knowledge backstage at TNA. Kurt claimed on Bubba the Love Sponge that he asked for it, and other sources are claiming that she asked for it. Not that it really matters in the end. They're getting along fine backstage at the shows but it's likely one of the reasons that a lot of the Kurt/Karen storylines that have been planned have since been axed. I suppose this also means that his planned reality show is history. That footage is really interesting in hindsight because when I watched it I figured the whole thing was largely bullshit, because I could not believe in real life that Kurt would, for example, get drunk in first class on an airplane and force his wife to fly coach. Maybe he would. Anyway, sucks for the two children, and that's really the bottom line.

More on Shelley Martinez/Salinas. According to one eyewitness, at the Midway video game event the day before Hard Justice she was in very bad shape and even shouted at one point that she was stoned and did not give a fuck. This was done in front of at least one TNA employee and the word spread quickly. There were issues with some other members of the company as well, but she was the only person to loudly alert the world. She had also been complaining of late that they wouldn't send her on the road to house shows and such with LAX, only paying her for appearances at the Impact Zone.

After all the talk about how he was angling to return to WWE, Kevin Nash ended up re-signing with TNA this week. So now I guess they can go back to the Joe vs. Nash feud.

TNA did a 1.1 rating with an 0.92 in males 18-49, an 0.69 in persons 18-49, a 1.03 in males 18-34, an 0.67 in males 12-17 and 1.5 million viewers. Quarters were 0.92, 1.11, 1.21, 1.18, 1.07, 1.16, 1.06 and 1.18. Hell of a final quarter there for what was a pretty damn great angle. Women also did very well as they always do.
    Last edited by Funk Doctor Spot; 09-24-2008 at 07:22 AM. Reason: forgot something

source: 4w-wrestling.com:

TNA signed Nick Aldis of the UK version of American Gladiators. He's 6-4 and 240 pounds so he's got a good look.

The company raised $98,000 for Kyle Vanden Bosch of the Tennessee Titan's KVB Sack Foundation during a benefit show in Nashville last week.

I just got a load of news;

(source: 4w-wrestling, prowrestling.net)

Homicide & Hernandez both signed new three-year contracts. I’m guessing the company promised to keep them together, because that was their biggest issue, that they were afraid they were going to be broken up.

Frankie Kazarian’s luck continues to be bad. Just weeks after returning from a torn triceps, while doing a run-in at the 12/15 tapings, Kazarian suffered a torn biceps and underwent surgery that should put him out of action for another four to six months. This means the Suicide character, who was scheduled to debut in his first match around 1/12 (first TV after the next PPV after shooting the angle at the PPV, yes I know how backwards that sounds), would be on the shelf until around late March, and possibly longer.

They will probably continue to show vignettes to build the character, and he’s going to be brought to TV to work backstage. There is at least talk of putting someone else in the costume to do run-ins to keep the character alive on television. Among those in discussions regarding doing the role for now include Christopher Daniels and Paul London. Low Ki’s name came up, particularly since he was at the shows this past week just dropping by, but his New Japan commitments wouldn’t allow him to be there at all the tapings. The joke is now they can make Daniels into Suicide and have him lose the feast or fired match again next year.

Kazarian is now engaged to Traci Brooks. Most people in the company were shocked when they heard the news. Add that one to the storyline becoming reality except TNA has to do it with a twist. If you remember, in TNA they built the storyline and then dropped it cold and forgot about it.
    Between Jeremy Borash and Diana Degarmo of “American Idol,” Kurt Angle and Rhaka Khan and David Sahadi and Gail Kim, TNA is now filled with unpredictable relationships. Well, I have to say Angle and Khan is hardly unpredictable, but the other three, not in a billion years.

They are now going to film one extra match at each TV tapings exclusively for web site content.

The 1/1 TV show will be a “best of 2008" show headlined by airing the Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle match from Lockdown, as well as other of the company’s major highlights of the year.

The “Feast or Fired” gimmick got a lot of the internal credit for the show on 12/4 drawing the record high audience. It’s pretty much guaranteed it will become an annual tradition and it will be pushed as a bigger deal next year. The briefcases will in the future all be played off similar to WWE’s Money in the Bank stips in that the winner will have one year to collect and can get their title match any time they choose. I think the idea will be to push it as bigger than Money in the Bank because shots at every belt is at stake as well as a career.

Lightbulb Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Great to see Homicide and Hernandez get signed to three year deals.

Kirk Angel and Rhaka Khan an item?

Unhappy Re: TNA News & Notes.....

source: 4w-wrestling;

Sad to report that Shark Boy's house burned down this week.

source: 4w-wrestling.com, other outlets;

While not a public company, TNA revenues increased tremendously over the past year, largely due to huge increases in merchandise sales, running a regular schedule of arena events, and more revenue from Spike due to it being the first full year with the show being two hours. TNA would appear to be more recession proof than WWE because such a high percentage of their revenue is fixed revenue from Spike, and less is from overseas where declining currency has taken a toll (although TNAís biggest overseas market is the U.K.).

Still, the company is not immune from recent cost-cutting, nor is almost any business at this point.
    The not renewing Sonjay Dutt, as well as Petey Williams, Jimmy Rave and Lance Rock, were part of that, as have been running less PPV events on the road even though it is readily acknowledged the company looks more major league doing PPVs from arenas with larger crowds than from the Impact Zone. But evidently not being able to draw well at the PPV sites make it more cost effective in most cases to run Orlando. They also cut back on giving the Monday off after road PPV shows, at least the last time, to save a day of costs. The cutbacks havenít been close to as severe as WWE. The reaction to Dutt being let go is similar to Williams in that he was a guy who always worked hard, always had a good match, and was zero problems.

The deal with Dutt was strange because he was regularly talked about in creative and as best I can tell, with nothing negative said. Well, obviously somebody somewhere must have because if nobody wanted him gone, heíd still be there. Terry Taylor offered him verbally a new three-year contract between the last two tapings and he agreed to it. He was supposed to sign on 2/23, and then a few days before that Taylor called him up and said there was a change of plans and the offer had been pulled. He wasnít pushed at all so if making cuts you can lose him without it hurting, but it does hurt undercard quality, but thatís not a priority these days. Plus it led to more second guessing as to why people who donít work nearly as hard werenít targeted if cuts needed to be made. Dutt has an upcoming tour for Zero-One.

TNA "iMPACT!" on 03/05 did a 1.32 rating and 1.9 million viewers. It was the second highest rated episode of "iMPACT!" in history (just shy of the record two weeks earlier.) but had the most total viewers.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast