Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA News & Notes.....

Raised in Conant Gardens AKA "Slum Village".

Thumbs up Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Red
    "I'm Robbie!"
    Too late, LOL.
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Post Re: TNA News & Notes.....

source: prowrestling.net

-- Several TNA wrestlers are upset at company management for putting Robbie McAllister on live television and mentioning his name on the official TNA website. The overall feeling among the TNA wrestlers is that it was a classless move by the company. McAllister is good friends with Johnny Devine and came to see his match against Alex Shelley. WWE warned their talent not to go anywhere near TNA this weekend and there is fear McAllister's job may be at risk.`
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Default Re: TNA News & Notes.....

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/9000

TNA sent out a mobile alert to their subscribers that they are interested in signing Frank Trigg to an announcer contract for commentary and analysis. Trigg is said to be a big wrestling fan and will be at Lockdown to add some insight on the commentary during the Joe vs. Angle match.

For those unfamiliar with Trigg, he has fought for UFC and PRIDE among other MMA organizations with a 16-6 win-loss record. He is currently a color commentator for PRIDE and is hosts an MMA radio show.
    I doubt he is still currently a color commentator for PRIDE, not that it's important.

I felt he did a great job on the live show, and I'd imagine that any change in the commentary team would be a welcome one.

These TNA mobile alerts have been nothing but bullshit in the past, though. So who knows what's going on.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

He's not the Pride commentator anymore. PrideFC has folded.

The Official Sports-Boards Bracket Buster
    Xbox Gamertag: GameMisconduct1

Quote Originally Posted by Duff_man9908
    He's not the Pride commentator anymore. PrideFC has folded.
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Nobody was hurt badly at the PPV although Angle was all banged up from his match with Joe. We're told it was nothing serious, although it once again shows that working a stiff fake pro-wrestling match is much harder on the body than MMA. He's been doing MMA training for months and never ended up in the shape he was in after the Joe deal. He also may have suffered a concussion during the match, and I know that when I saw him take the power bomb that's what I figured happened. His head bounced off the canvas and that looked nasty. He ended up at the hotel after the show with icepacks all over, and the people inside gave him a standing ovation.

The go home show for TNA did a 1.00 rating with an 0.71 in males 18-49, an 0.48 in persons 18-49, an 0.79 in males 18-34, and 0.65 in males 18-24, and 1.3 million viewers. Quarters were 1.01, 0.93, 0.93, 0.99, 1.10, 1.02, 1.02 and 0.97. Not good to see such a drop, but on the bright sides, that's still 1.3 million viewers and if they converted even 2% of them to buyers that's still way bigger than most recent buyrates. Convert 5% of them and you're looking at a new record. Of course, conversion of TV viewers to buyers has not been TNA's strong point, but this was a much better go-home show than usual so we'll see.

Dave Meltzer confirmed that TNA is on its way to being profitable in 2008. This means they will not lose money this year, but they're still perhaps decades away from making up the $35 million or so that they lost in their first five years. Nothing has changed in terms of PPV buys, but they've cut a lot of costs (some of which have been positive and some of which have made life more difficult for the undercard wrestlers who aren't making any money to begin with) and if you factor in money made from Spike, money made from international TV distribution, money made from house shows, money made from merchandising and their upcoming Midway video game, etc., they have gotten to the point where they are self-sustaining. That's good. Next step is to get someone to write Impact who has a clue, because they have shown that they have the potential to do as many as 60,000 PPV buys for shows, yet they've dipped below 20,000 several times in the past 12 months because Impact is an utter failure of a television show. Doing 60,000 buys as opposed to 18,000 is a difference of $504,000 per month, or $6 million per year. They lost about $7 million per year, so if Impact were effective like it has been effective on at least one verified occasion they could make enough per year to virtually make up what they lost per year in their entire history since their inception. This story is actually a blessing and a curse. The good news is that TNA is not going out of business anytime soon and that will allow a lot of guys to make a living in pro-wrestling. The bad news is that since it's self-sustaining and since the TV ratings, while they're not growing, are at least steady, Dixie Carter is going to be in no hurry to replace Vince Russo and company, meaning it could literally be years of this awful programming that we're going to have to sit through. Many times I have considered, for my own sanity, giving up on Impact and only watching the PPVs. I would be a very happy man if that were the case, but I feel an obligation to report on their TV. Sometimes I feel this is some sort of syndrome.

After all the talk of Matt Morgan being part of American Gladiators, it appears he backed out and won't be doing the show after all. It's funny because TNA decided to push him hard as a result of the tie-in, and now his push has started and there's no tie-in.

source: Observer, other outlets.

Talking Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Waltbabyluv23
    After all the talk of Matt Morgan being part of American Gladiators, it appears he backed out and won't be doing the show after all. It's funny because TNA decided to push him hard as a result of the tie-in, and now his push has started and there's no tie-in.
    LOL!

The place where a bunch of WWE & TNA people socialized together the Friday before WrestleMania was at a TGI Friday's near Universal Studios. It was said to be a wild scene with a bunch of people from both companies drinking together. Although, when Johnny Ace showed up, people started behaving a bit better. Ace was seen talking and having drinks with Jeff Jarrett. Other people who hung out together include Edge and Christian Cage, as well as Matt Hardy & Gregory Helms with women wrestlers from both companies.

Robbie McAllister was with his son when he was seen sitting in the audience at the March 27 TNA Impact show. He was at the show because he's good friends with Johnny Devine. McAllister waited in line with fans to get in. Some people in TNA knew that he was coming ahead of time and promised Devine that they would do nothing to get McAllister in trouble.

Of course, McAllister was shown on television during the show and Devine was furious about being double-crossed by his own company. A number of younger wrestlers were upset with TNA, however, the older wrestlers who went through the WWF vs. WCW war saw it as just a part of wrestling.

Additionally, TNA didn't show Robbie McAllister earlier in the show because they were scrambling to find out McAllister's real name. They were asking around and it took a bit of time before they could get an answer.

After being shown on camera, McAllister immediately got a text message from the office telling him to leave the building. McAllister was then sent home from WrestleMania weekend.

The feeling is that he isn't going to be fired due to the incident, but that he's going to be in the doghouse instead.

McAllister returned to action at Monday's Raw/Heat taping, losing to former TNA wrestler Ron Killings in a dark match.

source: pwi

Red face Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Other people who hung out together include Edge and Christian Cage, as well as Matt Hardy & Gregory Helms with women wrestlers from both companies.

source: pwi
    I wonder if HGH said 'hello' to Christy Hemme.

Major Heat On TNA Knockout Over Incident Involving Trading Cards
    Submitted by Daniel Pena on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 at 5:01 PM EST

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Rhaka Khan has a lot of heat on her over a debacle involving TNA trading cards.

In an unrelated issue, officials let the WWE Hall of Fame deal slide because she's relatively new to the business and probably didn't know better. Officials told TNA employess to not attend the event, but she did anyway.

TNA recently signed a trading cards deal, and everyone on the roster had to autograph 1,000 trading cards bearing their likeness. Everyone on the roster did it at a recent taping, with the exception of Khan, and one or two other bigger stars, who promised to Fed-Ex them because they didn't want to sign all of the cards right then and there. Khan did indeed Fed-Ex the cards a few days later.

The head of the trading card company contacted TNA and was said to be furious. The head was upset because some of the signatures didn't match and believed that someone else forged Khan's signatures. What happened is, 'Rhaka' was misspelled on some of the cards, as was 'Khan' on others.

When confronted about it, Khan explained that she got tired of signing all those cards and changed her signature midway. Jeff Jarrett made the call to eliminate Rhaka Khan from the upcoming trading card set.

source: prowrestling.net

-- Backstage, it's being said that Tomko is getting a "big head," reports ProWrestling.NET. He's been telling other wrestlers that some of his matches in Japan are really shoot fights. Tomko reportedly showed footage of a supposed shoot that ended with him performing a worked finishing move, which gave his friends a chuckle.

-- As it turns out, backstage TNA announcer Crystal Louthan looks to be done with the company after all. No word yet on what happened with her. Florida model Lauren Brooke is the new female backstage announcer in TNA.

-- There has been talk of keeping Karen Angle off television for the most part for at least a few months. However, they plan on bringing her back with a big angle with Kurt.

Exclamation Re: TNA News & Notes.....

I do not know what's the deal with the Rhaka Khan situation.

I mean I would guess that she hasn't wrote her name that many times in a row since grade school. I mean you gotta make sure that your signature is identical on all 1,000 cards?

I do not know what's the deal with the Rhaka Khan situation.

I mean I would guess that she hasn't wrote her name that many times in a row since grade school. I mean you gotta make sure that your signature is identical on all 1,000 cards?
    Now I won't be able to start my planned collection of "Rhaka Khan" merchandise! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Thumbs up Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Red
    Now I won't be able to start my planned collection of "Rhaka Khan" merchandise! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Ha ha.

source: Observer, 4w-wrestling;

We'll never hear the end of this from Kurt Angle now. Impact beat Raw and Smackdown in the ratings. Yes. In Austrailia. The show this week did 47,000 viewers compared to 36,000 for Raw and 38,000 for Smackdown. It actually almost doubled its first-week debut rating of 29,000 viewers.

Spoiler: (Highlight the black box to read the text)
    Slammiversary 2008 takes place on June 8th in South Haven, MS and will be headlined by a King of the Mountain match.

source: Observer, 4w-wrestling;

We'll never hear the end of this from Kurt Angle now. Impact beat Raw and Smackdown in the ratings. Yes. In Austrailia. The show this week did 47,000 viewers compared to 36,000 for Raw and 38,000 for Smackdown. It actually almost doubled its first-week debut rating of 29,000 viewers.
    I hope somebody shows Kurt Angle the ratings in Australia the week after that.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Tomko will be out for at least two more weeks due to a recent suspension. He'll probably be back at the 5/12 or 5/13 Impact tapings because he'll likely be on the Slammiversary card. Tomko got suspended after he went against the company's orders by making a wrestling appearance in Osaka, Japan, the day before Lockdown.

-- The angle on Impact two weeks ago with Jim Cornette complaining in the women's locker room about all the girls of TNA complaining was a half shoot message from management directed towards them. Regarding the upcoming pay-per-view match, TNA's plan is to have a woman on the roster completely shaved bald, as advertised.

-- Two female talents are debuting at this week's TNA taping.

TNA News: Details On TNA's New Concept Match - A Domed Cage
    Submitted by Michael Bluth on Monday, April 28, 2008 at 6:45 PM EST

We've been covering the story that TNA Wrestling will be unveiling a new special type of match soon. The company responsible for Ultimate X, King of the Mountain and reverse battle royals will introduce the new stipulation at the company's Slammiversary PPV in May.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that TNA is planning to copy the domed cage used by Mexico's AAA promotion. The concept match will debut on their upcoming Slammiversary PPV.
    Last edited by Funk Doctor Spot; 05-10-2008 at 11:27 AM.

TNA X-Division Champion Petey Williams suffered a broken orbital bone at last night's Impact taping and is expected to need surgery. TNA is still waiting for an updated diagnosis of how bad the break was and how long Williams would need to recover.
    (source: PWInsider.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Obligatory Phailure
    Sonofa...that sucks!

Exclamation Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Obligatory Phailure
    Bah! Man this swallows!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast