Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: TNA News & Notes.....

Raised in Conant Gardens AKA "Slum Village".

Post Re: TNA News & Notes.....

source: Wrestling Observer;

TNA Wrestling is scheduled to be moved to one of the Sky Channels in the U.K., which is interesting since WWE and Sky have always been exclusive and it wasn’t even easy for UFC to get on Sky. Details of what channel and what time slot have not been announced.
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Desmond Wolfe should be returning shortly and they will bring back the London Brawling tag team with Magnus and Chelsea
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

The 12/16 episode of Reaction will be airing at 11:30 p.m., as they are airing a show called Phowned right after Impact that night. Guess that forces them to end the main event at 11 p.m. that week.

Taylor Wilde has been officially released.

Samoa Joe and TNA came to terms this week. It was largely expected that would happen as they were close enough that they used him on TV and pushed him for the next PPV.

For Impact on 12/2, the audience grew 10% including people who watched the show on tape or DVR.

Hernandez’s contract rolled over. They want him back after spending so much time in Mexico. The idea was for him to learn Spanish by living there and then come back and be pushed as a Latin superstar. But he’s got the same issue with Cain Velasquez, in the sense his Spanish isn’t that good so the Mexicans won’t see him as Mexican.

We’re told while he understands Spanish now, his Spanish was never good enough to where AAA allowed him to do any interviews in Spanish, and that was the deal was to come back and do Spanish interviews that would get over.

Tara’s injury is a torn ligament in her elbow which came from landing badly on her arm when thrown into the cage in the cage match. She’s going to do the cast gimmick as a foreign object until she heals up.

Actually, since the idea is for it to be the Bob Orton cast gimmick, it may go on longer. James injured her knee in the same match on the finish, which was a Thesz press from off the top of the cage.

They are copying one of WCW’s classic angles as Eric Young found the title belt that Hulk Hogan threw in the garbage can and is going to start a campaign to be declared the real world champion.

Taz is opening up a different type of wrestling school. He said that he’s not looking to train wrestlers, but to take experienced independent wrestlers who want to move on to TNA or WWE, and coach them when it comes to working, promos and overall presentation to where they would fit what the big companies are looking for.

He wants people with at least two years experience and is limiting each session to eight students. There will be classes once a week on Long Island for six weeks, starting in January.

source: Figure Four Wrestling Newsletter;

TNA "Reaction" officially canceled

Reaction, TNA's one-hour post-game show, was officially canceled by Spike TV this week. The show was a critical success, with most who watched saying it did a great job explaining storylines, featured better and more serious video packages and personality profiles, and even included one of the better TNA matches of the year, Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me in an empty arena match.

Critics of the show questioned why the best of TNA was on a post-game show and not part of Impact itself, since Impact was watched by at least twice as many viewers. Part of the reason was, quite simply, that the people in charge of Reaction were not the same people who were in charge of Impact. Although people who watched the show enjoyed it, fewer and fewer were watching it every week. The show did about 700,000 viewers if you add in three-day DVR totals, but those numbers were often skewed by the Impact overrun. The quarters always collapsed throughout the show. Last week's show was bumped to 11:30 p.m., which was not a good sign, and only did 343,000 viewers.

It should be noted that Bischoff in an interview (well, shouting match) with Michael Barton last week claimed as part of his pro-TNA argument that Reaction had been a huge success for the company.

source: Figure Four Wrestling Newsletter;

Hogan gets back fusion surgery

After undergoing nearly a dozen back operations in the last few years, none of which successfully alleviated his pain, Hulk Hogan took perhaps the most dramatic step possible last week when he underwent a ten-hour spinal fusion operation.

He posted photos on his Twitter showing numerous large puncture marks in his back and on his left side. Many doctors advise against fusion except as a last resort, because it's a very serious surgery and for many people doesn't solve the problem. Hogan claimed his entire spinal column was rebuilt and that this was his Christmas present to himself. While many wrestlers, including Shawn Michaels, were able to continue their careers after fusion, at Hogan's age this could very well signal the end of his in-ring career. He was said to be recovering well at press time.

Hernandez is likely returning soon. While he was in Mexico, TNA was paying him a weekly guarantee and he was earning more on top of that from his AAA payoffs. Whether he’ll be able to become their Mexican superstar depends on a lot of things.

TNA and AAA are back in talks regarding bringing in Zorro.

Brooke Adams (Miss Tessmacher) underwent major facial surgery on 12/29 after she had her jaw broken in two places on Christmas. They had both wires and metal plates put in her jaw. She’s fine now, but at one point during surgery she stopped breathing.

Ruth Bollea, the mother of Hulk Hogan, passed away on 12/31, at the age of 88. She had been having memory issues and such for years associated with advanced age. Hogan’s father Pete passed away several years back.

Default Re: TNA News & Notes.....

I watched part of TNA tonight and came to a couple of conclusions;

- Contrary to my prior beliefs, Ric Flair is not dead. Or in an old folks home. Nor paralyzed or in a wheelchair. Imagine my face when I found this out.

- Eric Bischoff is still an annoying, self centered prick. When we was he EVER quality television? I hope somebody breaks his neck. Ive always hoped someone would break his fucking neck.

- Womens wrestling is still SUPER lame. Mickey James is disgusting. Stacy Kiebler is still the hottest female wrestler to ever grace the ring. And I would do dirty things to this Velvet Sky. Man does she look like she's down to get fucked.

That is all.

Lightbulb Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    I watched part of TNA tonight and came to a couple of conclusions;

- Contrary to my prior beliefs, Ric Flair is not dead. Or in an old folks home. Nor paralyzed or in a wheelchair. Imagine my face when I found this out.

- Eric Bischoff is still an annoying, self centered prick. When we was he EVER quality television? I hope somebody breaks his neck. Ive always hoped someone would break his fucking neck.

- Womens wrestling is still SUPER lame. Mickey James is disgusting. Stacy Kiebler is still the hottest female wrestler to ever grace the ring. And I would do dirty things to this Velvet Sky. Man does she look like she's down to get fucked.

That is all.
    1.) Ric Flair is alive and well, just as long as he does not wrestle on television.

2.) Controversy Creates Cash, and a big freakin' headache! I don't want him to get his neck broken, but I do wish that Rob Van Dam can serve him up with one of his old school ECW botch kick specials where he loses some teeth, LOL.

3.) The only thing that I hope for in TNA is for some HLA to come back; "Hot Lesbian Action!"

Oh, and I will need the TNA Knockouts to be a bunch of mutes in the process. I gotta have that.

source: Figure Four Wrestling Newsletter (I took the salt out.)

The post-Genesis Impact did a 1.3 rating with 1.7 million viewers, its best number in months.

The show opened big at a 1.41, the highest-rated quarter of the night, so fans were most likely intrigued at the idea of Matt Hardy debuting in TNA and possibly Mr. Anderson winning the TNA Title.

That injury bug must be contagious.

Alex Shelley suffered what was diagnosed as a broken collarbone on the 1/16 house show in Hagerstown, MD. No word on how long he’ll be out of action. All we heard was that he did it in a routine spot in a match with the Machine Guns against Generation Me.

We don’t hear any talk regarding Hernandez but he should be back soon. He’s no longer in Mexico or booked on any future shows there. TNA has rolled over his contract, and paid him a base salary to work for a year in Mexico because they wanted him to become a legitimate star in Mexico, which he did become, and to learn Spanish. He probably knows it better, but it’s not like he was doing Spanish interviews in AAA as they let their better talkers talk. The idea was he would return and get a huge push.

They are still working on the deal to get Zorro in. It’s likely happening, but also likely he’ll be using a different name.

Right now the idea is to not necessary break up Generation Me and the Machine Guns, but to make them singles wrestlers because they’ve got a goal to rebuild the X division.

The idea is that down the line both will team again, but first use them as part of the beefing up period. The booking plan is to have the TV shows that air on 1/27, 2/3 and 2/10 to all feature three-way X Division matches. The 1/27 show saw Max Buck beat Chris Sabin and Amazing Red. On the 2/3 show, it was scheduled as Jeremy Buck vs. Alex Shelley vs. Jay Lethal, but Shelley may have to be replaced. The 2/10 show would have three other guys. The three winners will face off on the 2/13 PPV in a No. 1 contenders match.

Lightbulb Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Doctor Spot View Post

Right now the idea is to not necessary break up Generation Me and the Machine Guns, but to make them singles wrestlers because they’ve got a goal to rebuild the X division.

The idea is that down the line both will team again, but first use them as part of the beefing up period. The booking plan is to have the TV shows that air on 1/27, 2/3 and 2/10 to all feature three-way X Division matches. The 1/27 show saw Max Buck beat Chris Sabin and Amazing Red. On the 2/3 show, it was scheduled as Jeremy Buck vs. Alex Shelley vs. Jay Lethal, but Shelley may have to be replaced. The 2/10 show would have three other guys. The three winners will face off on the 2/13 PPV in a No. 1 contenders match.
    I have seen some dissension in between a few of these guys, and I hope that they will break these teams up for a little while.

The X Division is primarily a joke right now.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast