Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: TNA News & Notes.....

Raised in Conant Gardens AKA "Slum Village".

Post Re: TNA News & Notes.....

source: Figure Four Wrestling;

TNA had a random drug test at the last set of tapings. Coincidentally, there were a few names that didn’t show up for the tapings, including Rob Terry.

TNA has had random drug tests in the past. We know of people who failed, and they were told they failed, and then that was the last they ever heard about it. Not sure what the point of a drug test is if nobody actually gets punished for anything.
    You should ask WWE this exact question.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Steiner
    HA!
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Former Japan superstar Scott Norton, 52, is trying to return to wrestling and talked about working here. Alex Marvez spoke to him and he’s now living in Brentwood, TN, and has worked of late as a bodyguard for Kendra Wilkinson.
    Now I do know this to be true, Scott has made mention of this on a few occasions on his Facebook account.
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

source: Figure Four Wrestling newsletter;

Hulk Hogan teased a heel turn in a conversation with Bubba the Love Sponge. Actually, he hinted at it when he was lying on his back in the hospital vowing to turn TNA around and talked about the black beard maybe coming back.

While hospitalized, Hogan called Bubba three times on his 9/8 show, and at one point Bubba told Hogan that he should bring back Macho Man to join his new heel group. Hogan played dumb and then Bubba awkwardly tried to cover.

source: Wrestling Observer;

They announced that there will be a three hour live block from 9 p.m. to midnight on 10/7 on Spike, as they are also broadcasting Reaction live. I guess they’d have to because you couldn’t very well tape recorded response to angles that were taking place an hour earlier on a live show. They also announced a Battle Royal Gauntlet (Royal Rumble) match with more than 20 participants and “$100,000" to the winner.

Mr. Anderson signed a long-term deal this past week.
    ANDERSON!!!!!

Oh, my apologies.

Matt Morgan will be a guest star playing the role of a Russian gangster named Sasha Tsalka on “The Good Guys,” a FOX show that will air on 9/24, head-to-head with Smackdown on 9/24 on FOX.

source: Figure Four Weekly Newsletter;

TNA Changes X Title on the Road

Amazing Red won and lost the X-Division Title during TNA's Northeast tour this week. He won the title from Jay Lethal on the 23rd at the Hammerstein Ballroom and lost it two days later in Rahway, N.J. Red knew he was winning the match in New York but the company had gone back and forth about whether to make it a title match.

The question is now whether they will acknowledge it on TV, which could help boost future house show attendance by advertising that anything including title changes can happen, or pretend it never occurred and basically tell the fans who attended that they don't really matter.

source: Observer;

Robert Roode talked about the fifth match in the Beer Money vs. Machine Guns series in an interview with Fritz, saying that both Foley and Flair came up to him after and said it was the best tag team match they had ever seen.

He said his goal is still to become a world singles champion, but he thinks Beer Money is on a roll right now.
    I really want Robert Roode to get a shot at a singles title, as well as I want to see "Cowboy" James Storm get a decent heel push. But I agree, Beer Money is on a roll right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Figure Four
    The Steiner Brothers, as Robert & Scott Rechsteiner, were inducted into the Bay County (Michigan) Sports Hall of Fame on 10/10. They were both there, as well as a lot of family members, for the ceremony.
    This was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Steiner
    HA!
    You just had to know that I could not resist this opportunity, LOL.

The Ric Flair “ice” thing is based on the idea they think someone being iced is cool and connects with the young male audience that they are trying to attract. The plan is to keep doing it.

source: Figure Four Weekly Newsletter;

Impact Runs Concussion Storyline

TNA is in the midst of running a storyline which, amazingly, is ripped from the headlines today as opposed to being a flashback from the 1990s. Ken Anderson suffered a legitimate concussion after Jeff Hardy accidentally hit him in the back of the head with a chair. As a result, Anderson has been pulled from next weekend's Turning Point PPV and replaced by Matt Morgan.

Morgan on the October 28th Impact argued with Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair about the latter's desire to make Anderson work hurt, noting that our understanding of the dangers of concussions is now such that not holding him off the show was irresponsible. This led to Morgan turning babyface after Fortune turned on him for insubordination.

Ricky Morton is hinting strongly on his facebook that he’s headed to TNA. He’s been offered a job as an agent. He was told that he would be there to help people lay out and structure their matches. He was also told he was have no input into match finishes.

Source: Wrestling Observer;

Names announced for the January European tour were Jeff Hardy, RVD, Ric Flair, Jeff Jarrett, A.J. Styles, Mr. Anderson, Mickie James, Machine Guns, Pope, Beer Money, Madison Rayne, Shannon Moore, Tara, Angelina Love and Tara.

Source: Chris Savage's "Savage Report";

Lacey Von Erich has been released from TNA.

Desmond Wolfe & Magnus will be reviving their tag team very soon according to Dixie Carter’s twitter.

Thumbs up Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Doctor Spot View Post

Desmond Wolfe & Magnus will be reviving their tag team very soon according to Dixie Carter’s twitter.
    They really need to, seeing that the tag team division is starting to heat up once again.

Regarding some of the more recent WWE cuts, it’s been noted that Angle has been pushing for Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin and unable to get them in, so unless it’s someone like Mickie James who they see as a star WWE cut, or Matt Hardy, it’s going to be difficult.

Lightbulb Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Regarding some of the more recent WWE cuts, it’s been noted that Angle has been pushing for Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin and unable to get them in, so unless it’s someone like Mickie James who they see as a star WWE cut, or Matt Hardy, it’s going to be difficult.
    This truly blows because I was really expecting The World's Greatest Tag Team to come to TNA.

Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas are scheduled to be in Dearborn, Michigan in mid-December for tag team action in Ring Of Honor.

The U.K. version of “Bravo” shuts down on 1/1, which was the home of TNA.

This is very significant because TNA is actually more popular in the U.K. than the U.S., and there has been no word from TNA on signing a new television deal in that country.

There is speculation regarding the Extreme Sports Channel, which they likely could get on because it already airs Xplosion, but that’s a gigantic step downward to the point they’d almost be invisible in the marketplace if that was their prime outlet.

Exclamation Re: TNA News & Notes.....

The U.K. version of “Bravo” shuts down on 1/1, which was the home of TNA.

This is very significant because TNA is actually more popular in the U.K. than the U.S., and there has been no word from TNA on signing a new television deal in that country.

There is speculation regarding the Extreme Sports Channel, which they likely could get on because it already airs Xplosion, but that’s a gigantic step downward to the point they’d almost be invisible in the marketplace if that was their prime outlet.
    Dixie better get on top of this ASAP!

Man, I wish I could see Xplosion over here.

TNA UK Home Shutting Down

TNA's home in the UK, Bravo, is being shut down effective January 1, 2011.

Sky, which owns Bravo, Bravo+1 and Bravo 2 following their acquisition of Virgin Media, will be consolidating most programming into its other Sky channels. According to a report in Digital Spy, "shows to be preserved include Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Chuck, Leverage, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Star Trek, TNA Wrestling, Sun, Sea and A & E, Motorway Patrol, Highway Patrol and Caribbean Cops."

No other details were announced. WWE could claim exclusivity, but that will not hold up in the European Union, and if they put too much pressure on Sky to not air TNA they face an admittedly slight risk of being dropped themselves. Where the show ends up is very important as the UK is, per capita, TNA's strongest worldwide market.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast