Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: TNA News & Notes.....

Raised in Conant Gardens AKA "Slum Village".

Post Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter;

The new Suicide is the former Kiyoshi.
    {shrugs}
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Lisa “Tara” Varon is expected back.

From what we’re told, she was leaving when her contract expired and they did the retirement stipulation in her match. Then, actually before the match took place, she and Dixie Carter either cut a new deal or at least were close on it. But since they had the stipulation out there, they had her lose, leave as scheduled, and are trying to come up with an angle to explain why she can come back.
    IMHO, they need someone else in that division with the huge void Awesome Kong left open. (No pun intended.)
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

They are very serious right now about pushing Jay Lethal to near the top.

Regarding Desmond Wolfe, he’s right now out of favor, which is why at least for right now he isn’t going to be in Fortune because of the loss on TV to Lethal. Basically the decision came down to Kazarian over him for the No. 4 spot, said to be because Kazarian is easier for management to work with and the decision makers see Kazarian as a bigger potential star.

I don’t share that view but it’s clear right now you’ve got people who only see “television face” and Kazarian is a good looking guy, but simplifying who can be a star based on television face or body as opposed to how they actually get over is taking a very simplistic and unbelievably shallow view of what makes for an effective wrestler. Not sure who came up with the name Fortune, but it was not creative. It was one of the members of the group itself. Creative came up with The Flair Four and F-4, but the group didn’t like either name and someone in the group said Fortune.

source: Wrestling Observer;

We don’t have details at press time, but it has been confirmed TNA fired Ed Ferrara last week, who was Vince Russo’s booking assistant. It was the hiring of Ferrara that led to the firing of Jim Cornette several months back, because Vince Russo wanted Ferrara in and because of a confrontation years back when Cornette spit on Ferrara in an argument, Ferrara wasn’t going to come in with Cornette in the company.

Kevin Sullivan, 60, did talk with Dixie Carter when Carter was in New Jersey several weeks back expressing interest in getting back in. Sullivan has spoken with people he knows in the company as well and is said to have booked out an entire year.

Default Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Kevin Sullivan might be good for the company. At least he has a plan.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

Lightbulb Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Obligatory Phailure View Post
    Kevin Sullivan might be good for the company. At least he has a plan.
    Time will only tell.....

source: Figure Four Wrestling Newsletter;

TNA this week did a 1.1 with an 0.72 in males 18-to-49, an 0.51 in males 18-34, and 1.4 million viewers. They're slowly rebuilding what they lost in the move to Monday. Quarters were 0.96, 1.04, 1.14, 1.11, 1.16, 1.12, 1.08 and 1.09, which is fairly steady.

“Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

What are those dates, his world title wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Obligatory Phailure View Post
    What are those dates, his world title wins?
    His kids' birthdays.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    His kids' birthdays.
    I didn't realize he was 32 years old.

Question Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Red "X".

Quote Originally Posted by Figure Four Wrestling Newsletter
    Kevin Nash confirmed that Scott Hall is in rehab paid for by WWE.

Katie Lea Burchill got a tryout at today's TNA tapings. Jeremy Borash twittered the tryout went well.

TNA released Homicide, at last. He’d been wanting out of the company forever.

Angle lobbied the office for a program with Red after the awesome TV match the two had together, but the office turned it down.

Thumbs down Re: TNA News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Doctor Spot View Post
    Angle lobbied the office for a program with Red after the awesome TV match the two had together, but the office turned it down.
    That swallows. I enjoyed that match they had together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Observer
    Team 3-D didn’t appear at the tapings this week because their contracts expired.

From the WWE side, we’ve been told there have been people pitching for the return of the Dudley Boyz, leading to a DVD release. That’s only something pitched, not something the bigwigs have made a call on.

There have been people in high places in WWE who in the past have spoken negatively about bringing Bubba back and there’s no indication they’ve changed their minds. Everyone loves Devon, but that’s always been the deal. Bubba is the one who speaks up for both of them and Devon is the nice guy to everyone. They were not booked on the next PPV, but were scheduled to be part of the Lethal Lockdown match at Bound for Glory. Sources within the company still expect them to re-sign.

iMPACT! is being preempted on 9/9 due to a Spike TV marathon of some sorts. That would be the show coming off the No Surrender PPV.
    Why?

Dixie Carter on twitter announced the signing of a new talent on someone people have been asking about.

Carlito’s non-compete was up this week. Shelton Benjamin and Mickie James are the two people asked about a lot that were WWE cuts this year, with James asked about the most. Mary Michael, the manager for James, said to Diva Dirt that “as of yet I can confirm that Mickie James has not signed with TNA.”

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast