Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE News & Notes.....

Raised in Conant Gardens AKA "Slum Village".

Post WWE News & Notes.....

WWE News: SmackDown star caught speeding & Hogan/Nicole Smith
    Submitted by Stu Starrs on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 11:56 AM EST

SmackDown worker Sylvania Grenier was caught speeding at 96 mph in a 55 zone and pulled over on Interstate 74 at around 3PM, reports the Peoria Journal Star. Grenier will have to go back to Peoria for the court date but his $200 bond at the time was paid by a co-worker in WWE.

Hulk Hogan has featured in gossip columns over the last few days after posing with Anna Nicole Smith at a boxing event in Florida.

Da hell was he speeding for? Hopefully he didn't have anything in his system.
    Last edited by Funk Doctor Spot; 01-30-2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Updated
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Default Re: WWE News & Notes.....

i read it was because he was late for a show.
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

Lightbulb Re: WWE News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72
    i read it was because he was late for a show.
    This is ungood.
    You see, I come from a highly-educated university, so when I come and post on this message board, I gotta dumb myself down.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltbabyluv23
    This is ungood.
    I would think the fans were probably happy that he missed.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now
    Someone please tell me it's not a train

That is no way for an Ambassador for Quebec to behave.

Thumbs up Re: WWE News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by FHgrad99
    That is no way for an Ambassador for Quebec to behave.
    That's funny! LOL

Post Re: WWE News & Notes.....

Even more news & notes;

ECW Extremist CM Punk has updated his online blog on ECW.com. In this edition Punk speaks about trying to explain a girls phone number in his pocket to his girlfriend.

The world’s largest retailer, Wal-Mart, has marked down WWE DVDs as low as $3.88.

DrunkardMagazine.com has named WWE Hall of Famer Andre the Giant "The Greatest Drunk of All Time." The website notes that it was estimated that Andre drank up to 7,000 calories in booze everyday. It also speaks on his match vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania III.

Looks like I have to shoot on down to Wal-Mart really soon. Also I have more news as well.....

Post Re: WWE News & Notes.....

--If you are planning on getting married and are looking for a minister who doubles as a Hall of Fame candidate for pro wrestling, you can e-mail SoulMates@ivankoloff.com. Uncle Ivan will travel to your location and perform marriage ceremonies.

This week's RAW cable rating (3.7) dropped from last week's 3.9, and also did a 5.4 share.

The show was competing against the college football national championship game airing on FOX and did hours of 3.6 and 3.7 respectively.

--Ace Steel and Kelly Adkins (wrestling name Kiley McLean, a former NWA womens' champ in 2005) were Donald and Rosie Monday night.

--WWE is back seeking new creative writers. After Monday night, you'd think they'd want fewer creative writers. Anyway, you can apply at www.wwe-careers.com/

--Do you realize that in 20 years, there will be kids who watched last night's Raw, who will then be in their mid-30s, and consider that an example of the good old days of wrestling? Or that Vince on his DVD's will try and rewrite history about what a brilliant idea it was and how funny it was, as they put a new cheering soundtrack and edit in a standing ovation to the end of the segment. Don't believe me. Check out the Mr. McMahon DVD and his reaction to the XFL idea.

If you havent heard, WWE cancelled doing any Press Conferences before PPV's because the TNA chants and the VKM chants pissed off McMahon ALOT

And apparently they are taking alot of signs awya that mention VKM, TNA, anti-baby etc.

I know TNA doesnt get the ratings, but maybe this will cause Vince to up the ante and put some decent shows on TV
    "People ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." -Rogers Hornsby

From JR's Latest Blog:

I have been asked if I think someone will replace HHH and join HBK in DX. I don’t know the answer but my guess would be “no”. However time will definitely tell and this should be an interesting story to follow on Monday Night Raw. HBK vs. Edge/Orton this Monday night from Bossier City, La sounds like a long night for Shawn Michaels to me but strange things often times occur on the WWE’s flagship broadcast. If someone was going to step up and assist HBK, Monday might be the right time.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    From JR's Latest Blog:

I have been asked if I think someone will replace HHH and join HBK in DX. I don’t know the answer but my guess would be “no”. However time will definitely tell and this should be an interesting story to follow on Monday Night Raw. HBK vs. Edge/Orton this Monday night from Bossier City, La sounds like a long night for Shawn Michaels to me but strange things often times occur on the WWE’s flagship broadcast. If someone was going to step up and assist HBK, Monday might be the right time.
    I don't buy this "right time" tease. Jim Ross may see this, but he's not on the creative team.

DX should have reunited probably a month before they actually did. WWE's sense of timing sucks these days.

Lightbulb Re: WWE News & Notes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Helton72
    If you havent heard, WWE cancelled doing any Press Conferences before PPV's because the TNA chants and the VKM chants pissed off McMahon ALOT

And apparently they are taking alot of signs awya that mention VKM, TNA, anti-baby etc.

I know TNA doesnt get the ratings, but maybe this will cause Vince to up the ante and put some decent shows on TV
    For real? Honestly, I didn't know fans were that displeased with the WWE product.

Interesting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Waltbabyluv23
    For real? Honestly, I didn't know fans were that displeased with the WWE product.

Interesting.....
    I would imagine that a lot of former or non-WWE fans would attend those conferences just to chant TNA or VKM or whatever.
    “Don't tell me about the world. Not today. It's springtime and they're knocking baseball around fields where the grass is damp and green in the morning and the kids are trying to hit the curve ball.” ―Pete Hamill

Here's a rumor: If Big Show is not ready or unwilling to return in time for WM23, the rumored match would be Hulk Hogan vs. The Great Khali. Zoinks.

Here's a rumor: If Big Show is not ready or unwilling to return in time for WM23, the rumored match would be Hulk Hogan vs. The Great Khali. Zoinks.
    I hope that we will one day be able to refer to this period as the Middle Ages. The dark times in between the fall of the Rome (Atlanta) and a future sports-entertainment Renaissance.

In the meantime... Long Live King Booker!

Thumbs up Re: WWE News & Notes.....

I can believe that. Vince trying to re-create arguably the greatest moment in WWE history with Hogan slamming Andre the Giant.

With this WM being the 20th anniversary, I could definitely see this happening. Just hope Hogan is aware of Khali's 'chop of doom', lol.

Hopefully this is a joke.
    That's not old school that's good school.

Quote Originally Posted by LWolf
    Hopefully this is a joke.
    It's not. I've heard the same rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Obligatory Phailure
    It's not. I've heard the same rumor.
    Filet Mignon v. piece of shit

Lobster tail v. road kill

Is this really the best that Vince and the boys could come up with? Hulk can't be looking at this to positively.
    That's not old school that's good school.

Quote Originally Posted by LWolf
    Filet Mignon v. piece of shit

Lobster tail v. road kill

Is this really the best that Vince and the boys could come up with? Hulk can't be looking at this to positively.
    It'd be nice if he refused such a proposition.

Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast