PDA

View Full Version : Good morning maggots

moose
10-14-2010, 04:26 AM
On my way out the door for day 2 of this tile job.

Hope each and every one of you has an awful day! :D

Darrell Green Fan
10-14-2010, 04:33 AM
Busy morning for me today but I hope the rest of the day settles down.

Fish
10-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Good morning.

jcarm22
10-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Good morning, gentlefolk.

Finally putting the finishing touches on the bathroom, and I am wishing that I had planned this out better and just gutted the damn thing initially. The replacement drywall is almost complete, just have a couple more pieces to put up, then I can finish caulking around the tub. Wall tile should be up Sunday, then the painting can begin, and then the only thing keeping the bathroom from being "complete" is my wife's wish to put in a vent fan.

brett5355
10-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Morning gang,
Waiting on the forecast NorEaster to roll in and puttting some crimp in our going out plans for tonight, which was supposed to be dinner and a Show - MacBeth at the Wilma Theater - but we will just skip dinner and since we get free parking in a garage next to the theater, will just go to the show. Hopefully though the rain will keep the Halloween crowd down at the Prison so we will find a parking spot when we get home.
Hope this is a Terrific Thursday for all.

ill
10-14-2010, 05:46 AM
morning all

plumber is coming by to finish the bathroom job today at 8, but I forgot to give my roommate the heads up. Hopefully she doesn't get freaked out by the random guy in the living room changing out copper pipes.

Domino427
10-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Morning all.

Damn I need my coffee to kick in. Fortunately, I think yesterday was the heavy workload for the week (Wednesdays usually are).

Trying to enjoy the storms today...as long as they don't make for a shitty ride home, they should be enjoyable. No sense in letting them get me pissy.

fahvra
10-14-2010, 06:28 AM
Morning gang,
Waiting on the forecast NorEaster to roll in and puttting some crimp in our going out plans for tonight, which was supposed to be dinner and a Show - MacBeth at the Wilma Theater - but we will just skip dinner and since we get free parking in a garage next to the theater, will just go to the show. Hopefully though the rain will keep the Halloween crowd down at the Prison so we will find a parking spot when we get home.
Hope this is a Terrific Thursday for all.

why would rain keep you from eating?

domenick2x
10-14-2010, 06:32 AM

Finally putting the finishing touches on the bathroom, and I am wishing that I had planned this out better and just gutted the damn thing initially. The replacement drywall is almost complete, just have a couple more pieces to put up, then I can finish caulking around the tub. Wall tile should be up Sunday, then the painting can begin, and then the only thing keeping the bathroom from being "complete" is my wife's wish to put in a vent fan.
I'm down to caulk and vent fan as well in my bathroom remodel.

Scratch that. Have to replace the sink, where I dropped a hammer into the bowl and cracked that sumbitch. I have the replacement, should be a pretty simple swapout.

jcarm22
10-14-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm down to caulk and vent fan as well in my bathroom remodel.

Scratch that. Have to replace the sink, where I dropped a hammer into the bowl and cracked that sumbitch. I have the replacement, should be a pretty simple swapout.
I had a couple problems with the sink, mostly related to my inexperience with plumbing fixtures. Putting in the sink is probably a half-hour job, tops.

domenick2x
10-14-2010, 06:43 AM
I had a couple problems with the sink, mostly related to my inexperience with plumbing fixtures. Putting in the sink is probably a half-hour job, tops.
Oh, I know.

The broken sink was a replacement piece a couple of months ago. I ran into the same issues - inexperience with the drain, primarily. This one is the same model, so should be a quick swap. Only issue is my wife wants it to be 1" to the right... and that might mean shifting the bracket, which would be a minor pain in the ass, then resetting the drain.

ill
10-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Oh, I know.

The broken sink was a replacement piece a couple of months ago. I ran into the same issues - inexperience with the drain, primarily. This one is the same model, so should be a quick swap. Only issue is my wife wants it to be 1" to the right... and that might mean shifting the bracket, which would be a minor pain in the ass, then resetting the drain.

sounds like moving it an inch is more work than it's worth...then again, she is pregnant isn't she? Might be a good idea to do what she says.

brett5355
10-14-2010, 07:00 AM
why would rain keep you from eating?
Not eating per se, just the idea of getting into town early and walking around in the rain from parking to restaurant to theater. Since the parking lot is right next to the theater if we eat at home 1st, then no walking in the rain.
Comprende?

domenick2x
10-14-2010, 07:10 AM
sounds like moving it an inch is more work than it's worth...then again, she is pregnant isn't she? Might be a good idea to do what she says.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I've decided. Move the damned sink.

Whiskey
10-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Not eating per se, just the idea of getting into town early and walking around in the rain from parking to restaurant to theater. Since the parking lot is right next to the theater if we eat at home 1st, then no walking in the rain.
Comprende?

Carry an umbrella. ;)

banditgin
10-14-2010, 07:11 AM

had a similar experience with our first house - what started as a simple remove wall paper from the bathroom job turned into a complete remodel.

fahvra
10-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Comprende?

crazy city folk. we just park right in front of Applebees.

Vegas
10-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Good morning. Half a day of work today. They're having a big bowling celebration party today, which should be fun.

MTVike
10-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Good morning. Half a day of work today. They're having a big bowling celebration party today, which should be fun.

You're celebrating bowling?

http://angryafrican.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny_pictures_7411.jpg

Vegas
10-14-2010, 10:00 AM
You're celebrating bowling?

http://angryafrican.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny_pictures_7411.jpg

Bowling should be celebrated every day.

Calm
10-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I've decided. Move the damned sink.

You're talking about 1" and I'm trying to respond in a way that won't end up with another quote of mine in kobe's signature.

Couldn't you just tell her that you moved it? Will she really notice?

domenick2x
10-14-2010, 10:11 AM
You're talking about 1" and I'm trying to respond in a way that won't end up with another quote of mine in kobe's signature.

Couldn't you just tell her that you moved it? Will she really notice?
It is slightly offcenter. Original sink was too...

kobesgame
10-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Morning folks. Working from home today. Lil' Kobe has a slight fever, so no daycare. I am certain it is just teething, so she's playing and I'm working.

I'm glad I have a flexible job.

domenick2x
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Morning folks. Working from home today. Lil' Kobe has a slight fever, so no daycare. I am certain it is just teething, so she's playing and I'm working.

I'm glad I have a flexible job.
My wife feels similarly.

She's a yoga teacher.

:D

fullxtension
10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Morning all, had parent-teacher conference with my daughter's 4th grade teacher this morning. The girl is doing great. Good to hear. All those evenings helping (read "making") her do her homework are paying off. Need to hit those multiplication and division tables a little harder though. If she really wants to be a vet, she's gonna need to have that stuff nailed.

BambinoBear
10-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Afternoon...

MTVike
10-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Morning all, had parent-teacher conference with my daughter's 4th grade teacher this morning. The girl is doing great. Good to hear. All those evenings helping (read "making") her do her homework are paying off. Need to hit those multiplication and division tables a little harder though. If she really wants to be a vet, she's gonna need to have that stuff nailed.

Marine biologist next year. :)

MTVike
10-14-2010, 11:07 AM
My wife feels similarly.

She's a yoga teacher.

:D

Yoga is cool. Do you do it?